- Studia et Documenta publishes material of a scholarly, methodologically precise nature, which provides insights into the person and teaching of St. Josemaría Escrivá as well as the history of Opus Dei in its immediate historical context.
- The works will be unpublished and the author/s have not to pay a fee for publish in the journal. The authors will sign an agreement under which the journal reserves the right to distribute and reproduce the articles both in print and online. Moreover, the authors, after the publication of the journal, will be able to freely use their texts and disseminate them on other platforms and digital repositories, provided that Studia et Documenta is cited as the original source of publication (Copyright: Istituto Storico San Josemaría Escrivá) and without modifying the content of the work already published, as Creative Commons license: BY-NC-ND.
- Contributions will be published in English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese or Spanish.
- Manuscripts should be sent to the director of Studia et Documenta either as an email attachment (email@example.com) or by post (Via dei Farnesi, 83 – 00186 Rome, Italy). Electronic versions should be compatible with the word processor Microsoft Word.
- Articles should be sent along with the following details: author’s name and surname; postal and email addresses; the name of the institution to which the author is affiliated; curriculum vitae (in the same language as the article), which should be no longer than 80 words in length; title of the article, in the original language and in English; summary (abstract), in the original language and in English, and of no more than 80 words in length; keywords, a maximum of 8, in the original language and in English.
- The length of contributions to the studies and remarks section should be between 5000 and 12000 words. Notes and bibliographical references should be included as footnotes.
- Bibliographical references should appear with full bibliographical details in the first reference only. If it is not a direct quotation this will be indicated by using “Cfr.”. Book titles as well as chapter ti-tles and titles of periodical or review articles should be typed in italics, while the title of the review itself should be placed in quotation marks. Examples:
Cfr. John F. Coverdale, Uncommon faith. The early years of Opus Dei, 1928-1943, Princeton (NJ), Scepter, 20022, pp. 286-289.
Article in a Periodical
André-Mutien Léonard, Le matérialisme chrétien de Josemaría Escrivá. Réflexions autour du livre Entretiens avec Mgr. Escrivá, «Annales Theologici» 17 (2003), pp. 167-184.
Manfred Spieker, Josemaría Escrivá y la cuestión social sobre la ética política de los cristianos, en Jon Borobia – Miguel Lluch-Baixauli – José Ignacio Murillo Gómez – Eduardo Terrasa Messuti (eds.), Trabajo y espíritu: sobre el sentido del trabajo desde las enseñanzas de Josemaría Escrivá en el contexto del pensamiento contemporáneo, vol. IV, Pamplona, Eunsa, 2004, pp. 331-347.
- The Reviews should include both recensions and brief book reviews. Recensions should extend to between 800 and 2000 words in length; in principle they cannot accommodate footnotes. The brief reviews should amount to approximately 400 words.
- All articles are reviewed by two independent external evaluators using the “double blind” system by which neither the identity of the author nor the evaluator is revealed. Evaluation is conducted in accordance with a refereeing system that has been established by the Editing Board of the journal. This system takes into account the academic rigor, the study methodology used in the article, the quality and clarity of the discourse as well as the academic value of the article. In the event of a discrepancy in the final verdict or where a conflict of interest occurs, a third specialist will be consulted.
The author will be informed of the results of the evaluation within 6 months of submission and the publication of the article is conditioned on whether the author carries out the recommended modifications. The Editorial Board reserves the right to accept articles and to decide, on the basis of content, in what section of the journal the articles will be published.
- Authors will receive a proof copy which they should correct and return within two weeks to the editorial board. Upon publication, the authors will receive a pdf copy of their article.
Download here complete instructions and the style sheet for authors in PDF (in Spanish, Italian and English).